Expertise of Origin of Goods
It is important to timely and correct registration of production going for export for successful development of business. Qualitatively conducted expertise of of origin of goods and evaluation can reduce the cost of entrepreneurs engaged in foreign economic activities.
When exporting goods abroad, entrepreneur has the opportunity to reduce the customs duty, or completely liberate from it. It is possible at registration of certificate of origin of goods, evidencing its country of origin.
Certificate of origin of goods allows to use the preferential customs duties or completely liberate from them, and also to identify the imported goods as not subject to any restrictions in the importing country. These benefits are reflected on:
- the price of the exported goods;
- wholesale price;
- cost to the consumer;
- the competitiveness of the products offered on the market.
Certificate of ST-1 form is fully exempt from customs duty accrual when trading with CIS countries. And when trading with the EU countries, it entitles reduction the customs duty or exemption from customs duties.
Branches of JSC «NCEC» expertise the origin of the goods for the registration of the certificate of origin of goods for export and re-export and for internal circulation of following forms:
- «ST-1» - for goods exported from Kazakhstan to the CIS countries;
- «ST-2» - for goods exported from Kazakhstan to countries with which committed and acts the free trade agreement, with the exception of the CIS countries;
- «А» - for goods exported to member countries of the European Community, as well as USA, Canada, Japan, Turkey, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, Norway under the Generalized System of Preferences;
- «Original» - in English or Russian languages (defines the applicant) for goods exported to other countries not listed above;
- «ST-KZ» - for internal circulation of goods.
Advisory assistance in carrying out these works can also be obtained from specialists of JSC «NCEC».
Currently, Kazakhstan pays great attention to domestic commodity producers. In this connection legally established privileges in public procurement and the government is taking measures to support domestic commodity producers. One of these measures is the adoption of the nomenclature of goods (works, services) purchased from domestic potential suppliers, ie from residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan, producing:
- goods, which wholly produced in Kazakhstan in accordance with the customs legislation of the Customs Union and/or the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- goods, which have undergone sufficient processing in Kazakhstan in accordance with the criteria of sufficient processing and in accordance with the customs legislation of the Customs Union and/or the Republic of Kazakhstan.
According to the rules of public procurement it is contemplated benefits in the form of a conditional reduce of competitive prices to potential suppliers of works and services where available the certificate of origin of goods of ST-KZ form: «When considering the availability of local content Tender Commission reduces the conditional price of the tender bid for one tenth of a percentage point for each percentage of local content. In the case when a potential supplier of goods is a domestic commodity producer of purchased goods, the Tender Commission conditionally reduces the price of the tender bids of such potential supplier for ten percent for the availability of local content».
Procedure for the preparation and issuance of the act of expertise of the origin of goods is defined in the Rules for determining the country of origin of goods and the preparation and issuance of the act of expertise of origin of goods and registration, certification and issuance of certificate of origin of goods approved by the Government Resolution of RK № 1647 from October 22, 2009.